Thursday, November 20, 2008

Reno Photo Set #6 (20 Nov 2008)

The workers doing false ceiling will be starting work today. My ID assistant "C" told me she will be at our unit this morning so I arranged to meet up with her at 10am. I reached early at around 9.20am. So while waiting, I took some photos. At 9.54am, she SMS me saying will be late and will reach at about 10.30am. So I went down to Linear Green coffee shop to have breakfast. One bread, 2 eggs plus one iced coffee cost me S$2.20. Is that considered cheap?

Anyway, to cut the story short, I had a short discussion with her to clarify some issues and to communicate our ideas. Thereafter, the workers came and they start work after “C” gave them a briefing.

Without further ado, here is another set of photo updates. =)

Photobucket
First thing that I notice upon opening the door, the whole living & dining room, and passage-way flooring has been covered with cardboard protection. And NO, those are not MY foot prints. =P

Photobucket
The skirting are all up as well.

Photobucket Photobucket
The kerb at the kitchen entrance has also been done.

Photobucket
Finally manage to take a picture of this elusive bottle. Did you manage to guess what it is for?

Photobucket
It is a type of stone impregnator / penetrating sealer used by the tile workers to act as a barrier to prevent water, oil and dirt from entering the pores of the stone. However, do note that impregnators do nothing to protect the top surface of the stone.

Photobucket
Notice this empty box left in the kitchen. Is it the dish rack that my ID is providing to us? If so, where is the content? hmm...

Photobucket
Fridge base has been done. 800mm x 850mm. It is just enough for us to put our targeted refrigerator.

Photobucket
Kitchen cabinet bases have been done as well. The one in this photo is for the cabinet at the Hob area. Its width is 550mm. No tiles were placed at the top surface as my ID say the cabinet will come with wooden flooring. The cabinet base at the opposite end can't be taken as there was countless no. of items stacked on top of it. But it looks the same as this one. The only difference is the width is 500mm only.

Photobucket
The washing machine base has been done as well. I had also highlighted to "C" that the tile lid cannot be lifted to access the sewage pipe cover below.

Photobucket
The skirting for Bedroom 2 has been done.

Photobucket
The skirting for Bedroom 3 has been done. Told "C" that I want to shift one of the power points just in case in the future need to place a queen size bed in that room.

Photobucket
The skirting for Master Bedroom has been done. Aircon trunking issues have been highlighted. The guys from Natural Cool will come again tomorrow to rectify them.

Photobucket
The worker starts to do marking for the false ceiling. Did you notice that red light on the left side of the photo? That device emits an infra-red line across the room on the walls. The worker uses it to do his marking. Impressive! =)

Photobucket
TADA! The red line I'm was talking about. Ok I know it's slanted. The worker is still trying to align it. ;)

Photobucket
Here it is again. "C" told me the workers will take 2 days to fix up the false ceiling. So if I come back on Sat, most likely it will have been completed. And painting will start on Monday. Yippee!!

No comments: