Sunday, December 14, 2008

Brief Update (13 Dec 2008)

Reach our unit at 11am today. Was quite surprised that the carpentry guys are in today. I'm even more surprised when I saw that the painters are in to do their touch-up as well. Hmm... thought they are scheduled to come in only on Monday. One thing I've learnt through this reno process. Some of these sub-contractors don't adhere to the ID's instruction. They like to come and go at their own convenient date and time. Even when it's not their turn to start work yet.

Anyway, I just let them do their work while I waited outside along the corridor for the guy from HDB that was supposed to come and check the household shelter door. I waited till 11.30am, the guy wasn't here yet so I call Jovi. She says she will check for me. So I waited again till 12pm. Not reply from Jovi so I called her again. This time she says that the guy might be held up. Ask me to go have lunch first and will ask the guy to come to our unit at 1pm first thing after his lunch. But since I'm not hungry, I stay around till 1.30pm. Finally he is here... a tall and big built Indian guy who take less than 30 mins to fix the problem. I amazed at his speed and happy at the result. =)

No comments: